February 2021 Newsletter
Celebrating National Caregivers Day – February 19th
National Caregivers Day
National Caregivers Day on the third Friday in February honors the health care professionals across the country providing long-term and hospice care.
Around the nation dedicated health care professionals serve those who require long-term or hospice care. They provide vital services, reassuring patients and families who care about them.
Caregivers deliver a variety of duties from personal care to medical services with compassion and professionalism. Their days may be long and demanding, but they provide support to those who need it most.
The celebration recognizes caregivers providing quality, compassionate care every day.
HOW TO OBSERVE #NationalCaregiversDay
Take time to thank a caregiver for their dedication and care of our loved ones. There are several ways to show your appreciation:
- Give them a card of thanks.
- Let them know with a kind word of encouragement.
- Tell their supervisor how much you appreciate the services.
- If you’re an employer of caregivers, host a breakfast or lunch event to show your thanks.
- Offer a small token of appreciation, such as a small but meaningful gift or home-baked goods.
- Share experiences through picture and video sharing on the eLivelihood app!
- Give them the day off!
Use #NationalCaregiversDay to post on social media.